Take Pride Summerside-Clean up and Recycling event
9:00am to 3:00pm
780-497-7558 Ext 2
1720 88th Street SW
Reducing, Reusing and Recycling right in your own neighborhood!
Spring has sprung and that means it’s time for our community to clean up! In need of a purge of old household goods and unwanted items? If your house has become cluttered and you are looking to dispose of some of your belongings, RSVP and bring them down to the Beach Club on Saturday, May 28th for the Take Pride Summerside event!
Reduce the clutter in your home, reuse by giving a new life and home to gently used items, and recycle items that you would normally throw in the garbage.
Salvation Army will be onsite to take away any donations as well as Quantum Lifecycle to recycle smaller electronics. Whatever cannot be recycled can be put in the garbage bins.
- First come first serve. If bins are full you may be declined as space is limited.
- Lake Summerside Resident only. Must show membership upon check in at parking lot entrance.
- RSVP REQUIRED. RSVP: https://takepridesummerside2022.eventbrite.ca
- Please come during your booked timeslot. If you are unable to make your original RSVP time please cancel your ticket order on Eventbrite or call our office.
- Residents are asked to unload their own vehicles themselves.
- Load your vehicle strategically. Place smaller items in your vehicle first, bulky items last, and keeping different types of items separate.
- We will be reminding those in line to remain in their vehicles until they are able to pull into the area of choice to drop things off.
- Expected wait times to be longer than usual this year due to these changes.
Household hazardous waste is not being accepted and should be taken to an Eco Station at no cost instead.
Items Not Allowed:
- Flammable Liquids
- Pressurized Tanks
- Any Hazardous Goods
- Large Appliances
- Landscaping or construction debris
- Car batteries
Because the SSRA is following public health recommendations and guidelines, this offering is subject to changes and cancellations based on any new information or recommendations from public health.