We are pleased to announce that our Pleasure Skating Rink and a mini loop on the lake are open in addition to our land based Jellybean Pleasure Rink! Please note that our remaining rinks that are used for hockey are still CLOSED while our Parks Team prepares them for use. The SSRA has been monitoring and analyzing ice surfaces usage over the past week, and in order to keep all residents safe, and to ensure proper distancing can occur, a booking system will be put into place.
· Ice surface bookings will start Dec 4th, with reservations starting on Saturday December 5th.
· Bookings will be accepted on a first come – first serve basis.
· All hockey surfaces will require reservation once they open.
· The pleasure rink and mini loop on the lake will be for walk up usage only, and no booking will be required. This area will be accessed on a first come first serve basis with a maximum usage of 1 hour.
· A maximum of 20 people will be allowed onto each of these pleasure skating surfaces
· Each time slot is 1 hour long, and each member of the household must be booked individually into the system
· In order to allow fair access to all residents, bookings will be limited to 1-time slot per day, per household.
· Bookings will open up to 4 days in advance.
· Walk-ups will be allowed on a first come first serve basis ONLY if time slots have not been filled, or there are no-shows. The exception to this will be on the lake pleasure skating area, where access will be exclusively walk- up based at this time
· To ensure that physically distancing can occur around our skating areas, please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your booking time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your reservation may be forfeited for other residents who are waiting as a walk up
In consideration of other residents who may want to use skating surfaces, please contact the gatehouse at 780-756-6772 if you need to cancel your reservation. Repeated no-shows may result in restricting a household’s access into the park.
During any days where temperatures are above 0 degrees and our ice surfaces have the potential to get damaged due to warmer weather, restrictions could be in place on rink use to keep our surfaces in the best condition possible. The SSRA reserves the right to cancel bookings on short notice, if deemed ice surfaces are not safe. Available booking slots are subject to change at anytime. For the current status of the rinks please call the Gatehouse at 780-756-6772.
Due to the recent AHS guidelines, there are restrictions on building access and guests. Because of our current guest restrictions, any guests booked will not be allowed access unless the residents lives alone as per our current guest access rules. bit.ly/SSRAupdate
HOW TO RESERVE AN ICE TIME
1. Visit our website www.lakesummerside.ca
2. Click on ‘Ice Reservations’ tab
3. From the link provided select your desired ice surface
4. Choose the date and select a time
5. Fill-in your contact information and the number of residents attending.
6. You will receive a confirmation email. Please contact the office if you have further questions.