November 26, 2020
We’re aware of the Government of Alberta’s new guidelines and restrictions put into place as of November 24th 2020. The health and safety of the public and our employees is our main priority and we will continue to provide as many opportunities to enjoy the amenities as possible. We will continue to be guided by the province’s public health officials in taking actions to protect our residents and visitors from COVID-19.
At this time, the key changes based off of the most recent restrictions are as follows:
• Our outdoor amenities will remain open
• Out of an abundance of caution, and knowing the forecasted temperatures are mild for the next couple weeks, the Multipurpose Room/ Skate Change Room will remain closed until we get more clarity about whether we can open it for use
• An outdoor toilet will be on site for your convenience, and outdoor seating will be available to put skates on in a safe and distanced manner
• To prioritize park usage and space for our residents, guest access will be temporarily suspended. The exception to the guest privilege suspension will be for those who live alone, and are the only ones registered on the property. Individuals meeting this criteria will be allowed to bring 1 guest into the park
• When rinks open they will be available for casual use, for example, practicing skills on the hockey rink or skating on the pleasure rink, only between members of the same household. Users are required to maintain 2m of physical distance from those who are not part of their household.
Remaining diligent with physical distancing requirements and keeping 2 meters from others is critical, along with following and respecting the regulations the SSRA has put in place. Staff reserve the right to stop park entry at any time if they feel distancing requirements are unable to be followed on any of our amenities. To inquire about current entry status, please call the SSRA Gatehouse at 780-756-6772.
Our aim is to create a safe environment for everyone and remain open through the winter season. Because of this we will have staff observing and providing physical distancing reminders as needed. We will continue to adjust these policies as new information and guidance becomes available. We thank you for your patience and understanding. Let’s all continue to work together to keep people in Summerside safe, both in our park and outside of it! We are looking forward to seeing you this season!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-497-7558